Sunday, August 10, 2014

FOOD, FOOD and MORE FOOD!

PIONEER DAY CELEBRATION with the Relief Society.  You do not have to have American Pioneers in your ancestors to belong to the heritage that members of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Saint enjoy.  It is a privilege to belong to an organization that people gave their lives for.  Some Sisters told stories of courage, faith, hardship and dedication.   I'm not sure I could have done it, if I lived between 1830AD and 1847AD.  I am grateful for them.  


All five women came plus the Sister Missionaries and the Senior missionaries.  It was a success.

The table decorations were made from a shoe box and the neighbor's Cat Tails.

                HUNGARIAN SÜTI (DESSERT)
                      1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
                       Lemon zest from 1 lemon
                       3 eggs
                       3 Tablespoons Peach jam
                       2 Tablespoons Plum jam
                       2 heaping Tablespoons sugar
                       1 1/2 cups flour
                       1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
                       9 Tablespoon water
                       9 Tablespoons vegetable oil
                       Mix together.  Pour into greased and floured 9 X13" pan.   Add chopped walnuts,
                        if desired.  Bake at 350 degrees.  (Probably 30 to 45 minutes).
                       Be sure to keep checking it.  
 

FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION in our back yard.  Not only is our back yard beautifully landscaped but look at the great neighbors we have.  Everyone from our apartment complex came to our party.  We served American hot dogs, American potato salad, chips and dip and watermelon.  We had everything except the 4th of July fireworks.   


The Missionaries are Elder Rae, Elder King, Sister Kovacs and Sister Neagle.  Sister Scherrer is taking the pictures.  




HUMANITARIAN EFFORT.  The LDS Church donated some much needed supplies to two day care centers in Pápa.  This picture shows a local TV station interviewing Elder Miller.  Elder and Sister Miller are serving as Senior Missionaries in a Humanitarian capacity.  They coordinate at least one Humanitarian gift every month from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 


They are also interviewing the Mayor of Pápa.  Standing by to interpute is Elder Rae and his companion Elder King.  


THE LORD IS WATCHING OVER ME.   On July 21, 2014 I went to visit a new member.  On my new bicyle it only took 15 minutes to get there.  The Junior Sisters played a little video about The Restoration.  They asked me to bear my testimony which I did in broken Hungarian.  By the time we were ready to come home it was 9:00 at night.  I got on my bike and headed for home.  I began to realize that the streets were very dark and I didn't have my bike lights on.  I pulled over to the side of the road to figure out how to turn the lights on.  In the distance I saw someone on a bicycle coming toward me.  I thought, I hope that is a friendly person and I hope they can speak Enghlish because I need to ask someone for help.  When he got close to me I could see he was a grown man.  I said to him, "Beszel Angolul?"   He said, "Yes, I speak English".  So I asked him to help me with my light.  It took about 2 seconds and he was off down the street.  I got on my bike and headed home.  It was about 1 1/2 miles to my apartment.  I never saw another person.  At the "round about" I saw 3 cars but that was all.  I know The Lord sent someone to help me and I am grateful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment