Sunday, July 27, 2014

JEWISH SYNAGOGUE, FOLK DANCING and STORK FAMILY

O
In Budapest, Hungary is the worlds largest Jewish Synagogue.  It is a tear jerking experience to see plaques with 10,000 names of people that died because one stupid, power hungry man wanted to kill 600,000 Jews because he (Hitler) thought he was so perfect.  The Jewish Synagogue in Budapest hid many people trying to escape the German soldiers.  There were 10,000 Jews that were shot next to the Synagogue.  This is a picture of the area where the people were lined up and shot. 
P


This is the picture we have all seen in history books.  (Compare the arches in both pictures - proof that this is the location where many were killed).





I am so grateful that the United States got involved in stopping Hitler.  It is too bad we didn't go after Hilter,s soldiers sooner.  I'm proud that my dad served in World War II.  In this next picture I am standing in front of  "The Tree Of Life".  It has a few names engraved on each branch of the tree.  


These next pictures are the inside of the beautiful Synagogue.  


During a Jewish service the men sit on the main floor and the women sit in the balconies.  I'm not sure why.  


Relices of the Jewish tradition.



The famous Hungarian "Folk Dance Koncert" was in the: 

I love to dance so, of course, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  A picture of the concert hall.  I just love the Hungarian architecture.

Sister Helen Brown, Melissa Taylor's Aunt and my companion Sister Scherrer enjoyed the concert. 
The Browns are great people.  They are serving a Mission in Hungary, also.  



The dances were amazing.   It gave me a peek into Hungary's history. 


On the trip to Budapest we saw another Storks nest.  This one had 2 parents and 1 or 2 babies in it.  

One of them flew away.  Can you see him almost to the neighbors chimney? 


Here he is standing on the chimney of the orange house.  Wow! A once in a lifetime experience.

1 comment:

  1. I loved those pictures of Jewish Synagogue. The Family Tree with all the names on it. Was their a deeper meaning then just life after death?

    ReplyDelete