Sunday, August 31, 2014

I ADMIT IT - I LOVE FOLK DANCING

We were passing out infomation about the Church and about the English Class that the Church offers when we noticed a lot of people walking toward the Town Square.  We followed them to the King's Mansion or the Castle. They were having a Folk Dance performance.  We couldn't help it, we had to go.  It was FANTASTIC.  See the smoking violin?  It's true, the violinists were smokin' good.  If I could start my life over I would be a dancer.  It was very refreshing to see great talent in modest clothing.  Ah, the joys of living in Hungary.  My new favorite music is The Blue Danube Waltz by Johann Strauss II.  Now I understand where the word Danube comes from.  The Danube River flows between Buda and Pest.  


Another great sunset.  



The Elders and Sister Scherrer and I volunteer at a school for handicap people.  Here the Elders are teaching English.  It is fun.  This was another school that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints donated some items to as a Humanitarian effort last month. 
This picture is of Ilona and I.  We make items that the school can sell.  This gives them a little money to buy school supplies.  Ilona made this pencil holder for me.  It is fun to do this once a week.  In the back ground you can see the looms they use to make rugs.  Maybe someday they will teach me how to weave.  


Ok, ok we had another party in the back yard.  This is our Family Home Evening "family".  It wasn't a Branch" party just the group that gets together every Monday night.  
This picture is of Tunda between Sister Scherrer and I.   She teaches (or tries to teach us) Hungarian.  Check out the play equipment in our back yard.  
If we arn't partying in our backyard we usually play soccer in the park by the Branch House.  


I know when you look at this next picture you are going to ask, "Is that all Hungarians do is eat?"  Well ah....yah about the same as Americans.  This is a fund raiser Bogrács.  Each group makes their favorite Bogrács then the judges decide who wins.  All the proceeds go to help some needy organization.  Can you pick out our little Mormon group?  













No comments:

Post a Comment