Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mission Training Center

This is a picture of my District at the MTC.  Top left is Harry and Nancy Schultz, Susan and Ross Clements, Rhonda and Daniel Snarr.  Elder Snarr was our District Leader.  Front row is yours truly, Marguerite Nedreberg, this sister was one of our instructors, then Nancy Wilks and Karla Conway.  Sister Conway was my MTC companion.  A great and fun group of people.

I learned a few tips at the MTC about how to conduct your life. 
Obedience brings blessings.  Strict obedience brings miracles!
Four success rules:
Obedience - D&C 82:8-10
Work hard to 9:30pm everyday
Live by the spirit and go with purpose.  
Be Positive
In the cafeteria I held up a sign that said "Are you going to Budapest, Hungary.  Within a few minutes I had found the missionaries I would be traveling with to my mission.  This picture was taken in front of the  Provo Temple.   They are Haws Elder, Feil Nover, Hall Elder, Borgstrom Nover, Blake Elder, Tuttle Elder, Chambers Elder, Meek Elder, Redford Elder.  I think you have figured out that the last name is said first and the first name is said second.  It takes a couple of times to get used to.  

This is Feil Katlin Nover.  She is such a sweet and smart girl.  These people became "my Elders and my daughter".  

Off to an exciting adventure.

This is the airport in Amsterdam.  It has an American feel to it.  Most people spoke perfect English.




There is Hungary.  Such a long wait and now finally here.  

Hungary Budapest Mission home.


When we arrived at the mission home they took us on a little tour.  These are of Castle Hill.



Why am I so blessed that I get to serve a mission in Hungary?  I can't wait to find out what The Lord has in mind for me.  I'm sure I will find out eventually.




2 comments:

  1. You must of felt so overwhelmed when you first arrived in Hungary. Looking back to the first night you arrived have you grown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom Mom! I looked up the scripture you blogged about D&C 82:10. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say" It made me think of D&C 130:20-21, which I love. In January I started personal scripture study with a goal to find ever single commandment and the promised blessings, "irrevocably decreed in heaven" to it.

    But then I read the scripture just above that one and thought THATS YOU. So go read D&C 130:18-19. Because you are so "diligent" now. CHECK IT OUT CHECK IT OUT and then tell me what you think!!!

    ReplyDelete