Monday, May 5, 2014

WHAT AN AWESOME WEEK.

Endre Kövi was baptized Saturday.  Judit's son baptized Endre.   He lives in London and speaks English.  He is standing next to Elder Rae on the far right.  It was good to talk to him.  Judit raised a great family.  I think she had 9 children and most of them are active in the Church.  Elder Anderson is standing on the far left.


This Monday (P-Day) we went to see a castle on Somlo Hegy (Hill).  I obviously didn't dress for the occasion.  I did not know we were going to walk up a trail.


Sister Scherrer is talking a picture of Elder Anderson and Elder Rae.  We are looking down on the falu (country village) of Somlo.  The camera doesn't do justice to the incredible view.   It is interesting that Hungary Is flat except for occasional hills like this one.




This Castle protected it's people from the enemy a few centuries ago.  I wonder what life was like then.


It looks like people either grow grapes for wine or they are farmers.  Yup that's the castle at the top of the hill.

 
Friday the Junior Sister Missionaries came to Pápa for a District meeting.  After the meeting we usually go on splits with them to visit members of the Branch.  This time we were invited into Szuszanna Övz. Mukieshè Berhidaí's home.  It was so good to get to know her.  What a beautiful woman.


The rest of the week I spent studying Hungarian, as usual.  I will be glad when I can speak well enough to talk to the people without an interrupter.  This is our living room, office, kitchen combination.  Behind me are the 2 bedroom doors.


I actually saw someone standing in a phone booth like this one using his cell phone.














2 comments:

  1. It's hard for me to picture you living a whole other life that I know so little about. Some day I want to grow up and be like you. I so love that you post a lot.

    ReplyDelete